We definitely love to eat fruits and nuts for snack, but what if we combined them? Even better!
We found this recipe of a Fruit and Nut Bar just for you!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups dried fruit (such as apricots, dates, and cherries), chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted nuts (such as pecans and almonds), chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8-by-8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in a large bowl until evenly combined. Add sugar, fruit, and nuts, and mix to coat all fruit and nuts with the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with vanilla until frothy and thick, about 2 minutes. Stir egg into flour mixture until evenly mixed. Spread mixture into prepared pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Leave a comment